Last Modified: August 20, 2021
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Types of cookies
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How To Manage Cookies
- Changes and Updates
- Cookies used on our Site
1. Cookies and similar technologies
- There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from the website or application you are browsing, and others come from third parties which place cookies on such site. Such types of cookies are commonly categorized as “First Party Cookies”and “Third Party Cookies”, respectively.
- Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device.
“Session Cookies”are limited to the duration of you visit to the relevant website or application and are terminated when you exit the website or application. “Persistent Cookies” will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
2. Categories of cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies– These cookies are necessary to enable the communication between the user’s device and the website or application, or to provide the user with services requested by him/her, such cookies are used for the sole purpose of carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to allow the provider of an online service to provide its services as explicitly requested by users.
- Functionality Cookies– These cookies allow the website or application to remember choices the user made (such as username, password, language preferences, or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features, to improve the user’s experience on the website or application.
- Performance (Analytic) Cookies– These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website or application, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they are likely to get error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect aggregate information that does not identify a specific user personally. These cookies are used to improve how a website or application works, analyze use patterns of the website or application, and assist the provider to maintain and improve its services.
- Advertising (Targeting) Cookies– These cookies are used to deliver personalized advertisements to the user. Such cookies may be used to analyze a user’s preferences in accordance with the contextual information about the user’s activities on the website or application (for example, if a user is surfing a webpage displaying an article about a sporting event, cookies may be used to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans), or to correlate between a user and information about such user collected from other websites or applications (for example, to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans based on the user’s profile in other websites or applications). These cookies are used to promote advertising campaigns of website and application owners or those of third parties, as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Advertising cookies are usually placed by advertising networks, which connect between the relevant advertiser and the location of publication of the advertisement.
3. What Cookies do we use and what Information is collected using Cookies?
- Cookies used on our Site– our Site contain First Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies, Strictly Necessary Cookies, Functionality Cookies, Performance (Analytic) Cookies, and Advertising (Targeting) Cookies.
- Information about your operating system and device;
- Webpages accessed within our Site, the link that led you to our Site, dates and times you accessed our Website, event information (e.g. system crashes) and general location information (i.e. city or region).
- Information provided on the Site by users in order to streamline the user’s experience and prevent user from having to re-enter information during the next visit to our Site;
- Number of visitors on our Site and which webpages have been viewed;
- Advertising user ID and information associated with targeted advertising.
4. How to Manage Cookies
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device when browsing our Site, you can adjust your browser settings to manage or reject such cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your Internet browser. For more information on how to change your browser settings, click on the Help section of your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers also allow you to see what cookies are currently stored on your device and selectively delete them as you wish.
See below links to common browsers enabling the control of cookies:
*Please note however, that if you choose to disable certain cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly, and your online experience may be limited.
You may also opt-out directly from third party retargeting cookies or other ad-technology trackers through self-regulator services such as the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) website – NAI consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) website – DAA opt-out page.’
5. Changes and Updates
6. Cookies used on our Site:
- The following 1st party cookies are used on our Site:
|_wpfuuid||Strictly Necessary cookies||Registers a unique ID for the visitor in order for the web site to recognize the visitor upon re-entry.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Strictly Necessary cookies||Determines whether the user has accepted the cookie Consent Box|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||Strictly Necessary cookies||Determines whether the user has accepted the cookie Consent Box|
|elementor||Strictly Necessary cookies||Used by WordPress The cookie allows the website owner to implement or change the website’s content in real-time.|
- The following 3rd party cookies are used on our Site:
Service Provider Cookie Name Category Purpose
|_ga_#||Analytics||Used by Google analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit|
|_gat||Analytics||Used by Google analytics to throttle request rate|
|_ga||Analytics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website|
|Atlas Solutions (Facebook)||ATN||Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.|
|YouTube||GPS||Analytics||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location|
|IDE||Advertising||Used by Google to serve advertisements|
|YouTube||PREF||Functional||The PREF cookie remembers basic preferences, such as choice of language, format of search results, how to display information, etc…, so the visitor don’t need to set preferences each time they use the site.|
|Linked-In||AnalyticsSyncHistory||Advertising||Used in connection with data synchronization with third party analysis service|
|Linked-In||UserMatchHistory||Advertising||This cookie is used to track visitors so that more relevant ads can be presented based on the visitor’s preferences/LinkedIn analytics|
|YouTube||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Functional||A cookie that YouTube sets that measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old.|
|YouTube||YSC||Functional||This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video|
|_fbp||Advertising||Used by Facebook to help deliver fb advertisements to people who already visited the site.|
|_ga||Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to track user usage of the site|
|_gat_UA-||Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to track user usage of the site|
|_gcl_au||Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to track user usage of the site|
|_gid||Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.|
|collect||Analytics||Used by GA to distinguish visitors device and behavior.|
|Hubspot||hubspotutk||Analytics||Sets a unique if doe the session to obtain data on visitor behavior for statistical behavior|
|Linked-In||bcookie||Functional||Cookie used for Sign-in with LinkedIn and/or for LinkedIn follow feature|
|Linked-In||bscookie||Functional||Cookie used for LinkedIn follow feature|
|Disqus||disqus_unique||Functional||These cookies are set by Disqus (comments plugin) so that users can comment on website/platform.|
|Drift||driftt_aid||Functional||Used by drift to store an anonymous identifier token|
|Drift||driftt_sid||Functional||Used by drift to store an anonymous identifier token|
|fr||Advertising||Facebook tracks opted-out Facebook users with this cookie that is used for advertising purposes.|
|Linked-In||lang||Functional||Session-based cookie used for Sign-in with LinkedIn and/or for LinkedIn follow feature|
|Linked-In||lang||Advertising||Session-based cookie used for Sign-in with LinkedIn and/or for LinkedIn follow feature|
|Linked-In||lidc||Functional||Linkedin uses this cookie for routing|
|Lead Feeder||_lfa||Analytics||Used by Lead Lander analytical service to analyse website visitors and traffic patterns|
|Hubspot||__ptq.gif||Marketing||Sends data to the marketing platform HubSpot about the visitors device and behavior.|
|_gaexp||Marketing||Used by Google Analytics to determine if the visitor is involved in their marketing experiments|
|_gcl_au||Marketing||Used by Google adesne for experimenting with advertisement efficiency|
|Lead Feeder||_lfa_expiry||Analytics||Contains the expiry date for the cookie with corresponding name|
|ads/ga-audiences||Marketing||Used by google adwords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitors online behaviour across websites|
|Bcookie||Marketing||Used by the social networking service for tracking the use of embedded services|
|Bscookie||Marketing||Used by the social networking service for tracking the use of embedded services|
|Hubspot||embed/v3/counters.gif||Advertising||Collects information on user preference and/or interaction with web – campaign content. This is used on the CRM campaign platform used by website owners for promoting events or products|
|Lead Feeder||tr.lfeeder.com||Advertising||Tracks the individual sessions on the website allowing the website to compile statistical data from multiple visits|
|IDE||Marketing||Used by Double Click to register and report the website users actions after viewing or clicking on one of the advertiser ads|
|Lead Feeder||_lfa_test_cookie_stored||Advertising||B2b service to distinguish users for lead purposes|